Mid Century Minimalist Delight! Fond Hope - Japanese Mid Century waterfront retreat in Oxford Road Corridor. Commissioned by the DuPont family to design an existential retreat integrating modernism and the environment, architects Victorine and Samuel Homsey incorporated Japanese minimalist design esthetics to create a stunning one level retreat showcasing water, nature and light. Sustainability and simplicity meet exemplary standards of design in this 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath stunning home. Featuring Shoji doors and screens, walls of glass, wood floors and thoughtfully updated kitchen and bathrooms much of the original architecture of the house has been preserved. Large waterside porches create ideal outdoor living space. From the moment you enter the grounds you are surrounded with the natural harmony with nature. Fond Hope is visually stunning and private yet close enough to the many world class amenities in Easton and Oxford has to offer. Situated on 3.65 acres in a parklike setting with extensive landscaping & hardscape, courtyard and deep water on Snug harbor. The property includes a detached 2 car garage with studio, living shoreline, pier and large pond. This is an oasis of warmth and tranquility embracing the concept of less is more.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, 1 Story
2 Full/1 Half
Tankless Water Heater, Well
2,133 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Talbot County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Workshop, Utility Room
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Wall Oven, Appliance Center, Refrigerator, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating.
- 2. Wood Stove.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Open Floor Plan, Wood Floors, Curved Stair, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces.
- Porch, Screened-in, Deck
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Water, Scenic, Pond
- Body of Water
- Snug Harbor - Tred Avon River
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Riprap, Water Front, Private Dock, Exterior Lighting, Landscaped, Fishing. Stream/Creek, Secluded, Rip-Rapped, Private, Pond, Landscaping.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price